It doesn’t matter Whether your business is small or enterprise, having a website for your business can bring a lot of benefits for your growth. Let’s have a look at the statistics which brings an eye-opening moment for brands that don’t have a website. Let me share what I know about things that make a website most effective.
- A user can determine with 50 milliseconds whether they want to stay on the page or not, so design matters.
- Business with poor mobile compatible website design is not recommended by more than 50% of customers.
- 85% of youngsters have a good impression on mobile-friendly websites.
- 38% of website visitors leave a website that has a poor or unattractive content layout.
- 40% of people don’t want to engage with a website that takes too much time to load.
1. Domain Matters
Your domain is the address that allows people to find you on the internet. The domain name can be a combination of letters and numbers but not the same as someone’s. The initial possess is to choose your domain. Your domain name must be relevant to your business so that it can help you with better search engine optimization. There are so many platforms to buy domain names. Below are the most common domain extensions.
- .in - Used for commercials in India(Country Code Top-level Domain)that is ideal for targeting Indian users
- .com – for commercial business
- .co – used for commercial (Second level domain name system) used to route traffic and it is integrated with country code. Ex: xyx.co.in means that a commercial domain resides in India) if it is abc.co.uk means that commercial in the United Kingdom.
- .org – for organizations
- .gov – government agencies
- .edu - for educational institutions
- .net - for network organizations.
2. Define Your Purpose
Once you choose your domain name you need to design your purpose that is relevant to your business. For example, if you are running a studio or art gallery means you need to upload more images for that you need to choose a website that is better in showing multiple images or galleries. Always have an About Us section to describe your page so people can read more about your business in-depth.
3. Choose A Hosting Service
The next phase is to choose a hosting service provider to make your website live on the internet. Hosting servers saves the data on the website. The thing is hosting servers can be anywhere in the world, if you are handling sensitive data you need to think twice about purchasing hosting from the unknown providers.
4. Choose The Best Content Management System
A content management system (CMS) is a software application that helps you to manage digital content. Here are a few of the best CMS management software.
5. Install Webmaster Tools
Webmaster tools can help you to analyze traffic and site performances. The most famous webmaster tool is Google Analytics and Google Search Console. The following metrics can be measured by webmaster tools.
- Number of visitors on each page
- Bounce rate (users only viewed one page)
- Average time spent
- Crawl errors
- Broken links
- Web page download time
6. Mobile-friendly Website
Use Wordpress, Squarespace like the software to optimize your website for mobile responsiveness because over half of Google searches occur on smartphones. The rising count of mobile consumption reaches 4.18 billion mobile users. So most of the searches and needs are searched through mobile this means that a business website must be compatible and flexible to be viewed on smartphones.
The above are the pro tips to integrate with your website design plan before getting into it. Another important feature to integrate with your website is CTA(Call To Action is a logical point where users can take actions such as purchase, call now, Install, book now and so on. It is a button that directs users to take action. For example, you can see Install buttons in YouTube ads while watching videos, it is displayed below the video when you click on the button. You will be directed to play store and suggest to install the application). As per studies 70% of small businesses lack CTAs.